Friday, January 29, 2010

Prayer.

Such a strong word with such a powerful outcome. I love the power of prayer. Absolutely love it. I love the promise that if you "ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." (Luke 11:9) What a fantastic promise that is and what an amazing thing to be able to put our hope in. I have a prayer journal that I started a while back and I began to pray for specific people and specific things because I wanted to be able to go back and see the ways the Lord has blessed me and the people I've come to know. It's such a powerful thing to be able to go back and write a praise that that prayer was answered or another blessing the Lord gave that person, knowing exactly what would be better for them.

My prayers with the Father are simply conversations. Me, revealing my heart to my "Groom", letting him know his "Bride." Yes, He knows our thoughts and desires but it's even better to verbalize them to Him and ask in His name for the desires of our hearts. Just as you know someone may love you but to hear them say it, in their words for you to hear, is a feeling like no other. He needs to hear our voice and our thoughts. He wants that relationship with us where we are able to have a conversation with our best friend, the Holy Spirit. So take some time and talk to our Lord today. Tell him where you're at in life. Your struggles, your victories, your dissapointments, and your wants. But most of all, let Him know you love Him. With all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And ask him the ways you can show that today. There's nothing better than conversation with our Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!