Thursday, February 18, 2010

Toasts and Spills: Post-It Notes and Valentine's.

Everybody deals with them in some way or another. They may remind them of the dogfood to get on the way home. They may show a number you don't recognize that you're supposed to call back when you get a moment. They may even be an uplifting message that puts that needed smile on your face during your hectic week. As much as I use notes and to-do lists, post-its are showing themselves to be the weakest way possible of giving me those reminders and messages. I post a few around my desk at work thinking, "Perfect, I'll remember now because its in the corner of my computer screen distracting my online browsing." But what still happened? I didn't do what the post-it said to do. And why is that you might ask. Well I'll tell you, my post-it didn't post.








Spills:

Post-Its: Please do what you're made to do so that I can tell my boss to call his people back when he's expected to. Yeah thanks, that'd be great.
Price of Polaroid Film: If it wasn't so expensive for that film, my room would be covered in polaroids of me and my honey. And us experimenting all the knobs and settings on my camera. It's hard to keep learning when it's costing me what it is. Sheesh.
My Schedule: I know I'm in school and have a job and all, but I have the urge to travel. All the time. Here, there, and everywhere. The whole school and job thing really put a strain on that. As in like, don't make it possible at all.


Toasts:

Valentine's Day: I have the best valentine ever. It's true. Sorry girls, but he's no longer available. I am so loved. He always makes sure I know that. The roses and daises on my kitchen counter are such a charming reminder that I have the most wonderful man. Thank you God for that love.
This Weekend: I'm bursting with excitement to see some long lost friends. The conversation and the laughter will be so sweet. The hugs will be even better. I'll toast to good friendships anytime.
Spring Break Plans: A ski trip in Colorado with my sweet boy's family and friends in a cabin hidden in the mountains? Oh yes Please! Me and my ebay ski pants are gonna own those slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!