Saturday, September 26, 2009

Toasts and Spills.

There are good things in life and then there are things that aren't as fun. And by that I mean bad. So to the good things, the things that make you want to freeze that moment for fear you'll never feel that way again, I give a toast. I raise my glass to you. Where as the bad things are more like a spilled drink. Where you have that moment that you just think "Well shoot, my meal would have been much better without this happening. I can't raise my glass to you, because it is now empty and dripping all over my Banana Republic skirt." You, bad things, are my spill.

SPILLS:

Hanging Shelves: Okay, yes I'll admit I am not the one hanging them but I am witnessing my roommate tackle the task, and it seems to be a bit of a challenge. Hanging it and then having to move it stinks because the first hang leaves scars. Yes, big screw hole scars, all over our cute purple wall. Hang in there Mer, keep your eyes on the goal.

882 Miles: That's how much distance is between me and the man who's stolen my heart. I'm not a fan of all those miles. I want to call him and be able to say, "Hey boyfriend, come over, let's spend the evening together cooking a yummy meal and watching our favorite movie." But unless someone invents a teleportation device real quick, that's not happening. I'll keep an eye on the news.

Bono: Take your sunglasses off. Please. I think I could do without your repetitive "ohhhhh--ahhhhh" and your retro lights. Wait, yes I could do without it.


TOASTS:

Lady Antebellum: This band is great. Like the kind where you know any song you hear from them will quickly become your favorite. Not to mention, she has a voice that makes me actually stop singing along so I can hear her sing. Which I rarely ever do, I'm a singer alonger, always. Unless, she has the voice of an angel, to which I will raise my glass and give you a toast.

Time Off: YES. I get to travel that 882 miles and spend four days with my best friend. And enjoy some great SEC football. And Zaxby's. And see some of my favorite people. This is going to be great trip. And my excitement is pretty much off the wall. Manuel (my boss), I raise my glass to you for giving in and letting me take off, I will stamp seven more deposits a day just for that.

Roommates: These girls keep me laughing, healthy, and safe. Between one being in nursing school, one being super creative and artsy, and another always reminding me to lock the door, I am a healthy, safe girl living in the cutest house ever. I like that I enjoy nights at home just because they're fun to be with. Girls, I raise my glass to you and your patience with me and my terrible living habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!