Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Constant Prayer.

"My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to your word.
When I told of my ways, you answered me; teach me your statutes.
Make me understand the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me your law.
I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set your rules before me.
I cling to your testimonies, O LORD; let me not be put to shame.
I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart.

Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.
Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain.
Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.
Confirm to your servant your promise, that you may be feared.
Turn away the reproach that I dread, for your rules are good.
Behold, I long for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life."
Psalms 119:25-40
If I could wear that on a poster board tied with shoe string around my neck, I would. Those words motivate, calm, and heal me. Oh, how I love the word of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. i love your fervor for the Lord my love. it makes my soul smile and encourages my heart. you are amazing, and are loved, outrageously.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!