Friday, October 2, 2009

A Faithful Bride.

Ezekiel 16
"..because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect.."

I want to be a faithful bride. A bride who loves her God with all she has. A bride who gives Him all the glory. A bride who gives Him all her attention. A bride who appreciates the love He has for her. A bride who strives to be adorned with jewels of wisdom and colors of humilty. A bride that uses what her God has given to the best of her abilities.

I read this chapter this moring and was immediately humbled and aware of how ugly we are before the Lord picks us up in His hands. It's such a beautiful picture of the Lord and such an unlovely picture of us. 'We are His portion and He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes.' He deserves every ounce of love our hearts can possibly give. I don't want to hold anything back from my Father. What kind of bride are you to our God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!